IIT-JAM is the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Graduate aspirants who are aiming to pursue Master’s degree from India's best IIT's need to qualify this entrance test. IIT JAM is a computer based online examination. The IIT JAM Exam will be held on 10th February 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates:
- IIT JAM 2019 Registration will be started from the First week of September 2018.
- Candidates can submit the IIT JAM 2019 application form till the October 10, 2018.
- IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card will be released on 4th January 2019.
- IIT JAM Exam will be held on 10th February 2019.
- IIT JAM Results will declare in the March 20, 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held in computer-based mode.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English only.
- Total Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Session: The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus:
The IIT JAM Exam syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH).
- Biological Sciences (BL): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences.
- Biotechnology (BT): The Biotechnology test paper comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: Candidates belongs to Indian national and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
Age Limit: No age restriction to apply.
Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Minimum Marks: Candidate passed the qualifying exam with aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI (without rounding-off) with at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates (50% or 5.0 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates).
Appearing Candidates: Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.