NEET is an entrance exam, conducted for those students who want to get admission for MBBS, BDS course in India’s government and private medical colleges. The NEET is a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be organized by the NTA (National testing Agency) from 2019. NEET 2019 Exam will be held on 5th, May 2019(Sunday). Here, you can get all the details about NEET 2019 Exam dates, syllabus, pattern and eligibility.
NEET 2019 Exam Dates:
Application form release date: 1st November 2018
Application submission last date: 30th November 2018
Last Date to pay the Exam Fee: 1st December 2018
Correction Window: 14th – 31st January 2019
Admit card available: 15th April 2019
Exam date: 5th May, 2019 (Sunday).
Result date announcement: 5th June 2019
NEET 2019 Exam Syllabus:
A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET syllabus 2019 will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Exam syllabus includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology curriculum of class XI and XII. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
NEET Exam Subject:
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
Here we provide the details about NEET 2019 Exam pattern:
- Date of Exam: The exam will be held on 5th May 2019.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through pen and paper based (offline) mode.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions in the exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be of three hours (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Number of Questions: Total 180 questions will be asked.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada languages.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be given
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
Number of Section:
Section No. of Question Marks
Physics 45 180
Chemistry 45 180
Zoology 45 180
Botany 45 180
Total 180 720
NEET 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2019 Exam eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC) on the date of examination.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self declaration.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible
- Subjects: In the qualifying exam, students should have physics, chemistry, biology /bio-technology with English as compulsory subject.
- Percentage Criteria: Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group.
- General and OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 1400/- as an application fee.
- The application fee for SC/ST and PH candidates is Rs. 750/-.
- Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking or e-challan.
- Service tax is also applicable.